Friday, February 24, 2012

It's Gonna Be a Good Day


I don’t know about you, but I believe in signs. There’s nothing better than getting a signal – no matter how small - that the day is off to a good start.

My mom-in-law always gets these eggs on our weekends in the Poconos. All the little kids gather around when she opens the carton and say together “good morning, beautiful.” We all giggle and, yes, feel boosted and somehow believe the message is for us.  Brilliant marketing.  

The eggs got nothing on the english muffins. They, too, have figured out that their customers like to start the day out with a nice message. Come on, you know you want to smile.

I always feel happy when I see a cardinal.  They are a reminder of vibrancy, hope, and energy in a colorless winter.  This guy was singing a loud and cheerful tune and was patient enough for me to intrude on his song.

Ok, maybe it was May in Amalfi, but my husband and I went back for these cappuccinos over and over again. Yes, it was that heart shaped touch of cinnamon that made all the difference.

It’s the small things in life…

No comments:

Post a Comment