Friday, February 3, 2012

Powerful Women in my Bathroom


As I was cleaning the bathroom yesterday, I couldn’t help but notice that I have a collection of strong women scattered around the room.  I think I must have subconsciously been drawn to these ladies for their soulful self-assurance.

We couldn’t resist this very pregnant beauty from Punta Cana.  We fell in love with her faceless strength and determination.  Many of the Dominican dolls don’t have faces to represent ‘one people’ – a fusion of cultures, races, and religions.  There’s no model of what a woman should look like; they celebrate diversity by not complying to a standard of beauty. Now that’s power!


This goddess of summer has the ultimate freedom to traipse around the garden half naked.  Who doesn’t respect that? Just wish I could find winter, spring, and autumn to keep her company.


I don’t even know what to say about this lady. The title of the picture is “Contentment.” Read into that what you may.


Her eyes mesmerized me.  I don’t know who she is or where she’s from, but I love her message – Belong to Yourself. Plus, she matches my towels so nicely!


And finally, here’s little Amy, aged 2, kissing Joey, aged 1 ½.  This was 20 years ago. She was ahead of her time.

Stay strong, ladies!




1 comment:

  1. You must have a big bathroom! Chris, I really liked this one!

    ReplyDelete