Thursday, February 16, 2012

Beyond a Shadow of a Doubt


 Shadows stretch the truth. They distort. They misrepresent. They mock. They play with reality. It’s almost as if shadows have a secret knowledge.

I’m forever fascinated by the way shadows can terrify, amuse, and fool us.  They alter our perception.  They show us a dark side and a beautiful side.  They silhouette us as they see fit.

My son took this photo of a random woman in Punta Cana. Her profile is perfectly poised with drink in hand. I’m envious.


Here’s how I find my cat, Bella, most mornings - positioned behind the blinds just watching the world go by.


Here’s more of Bella’s window on a bright morning.


Thanks, shadow, for making me tall and skinny!



I know I’ve posted this before, but it bears repeating. Does this motorcycle really think it’s a giraffe?



Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.



No comments:

Post a Comment