Friday, August 26, 2011

Abandoned Love

I love to take the back ways.  I don’t know why, but there’s just something about abandoned buildings that evoke strong feelings in me.  They are so mysterious, sad, strange, romantic, sinister…




Was this once a thriving hotel or restaurant? What caused its decline? Why didn’t someone knock it down? Who boarded up the windows?

Schools, especially, seem creepy.  You can almost hear the voices of schoolchildren at recess …











I will be sad if they ever knock this old factory down. Think how she once probably stood strong and employed hundreds of people. Maybe someone will figure out a way to reinvent her and make her proud and robust again...

I hope all these buildings eventually find new life, but in the mean time, I’ll appreciate their haunting beauty.



No comments:

Post a Comment