Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Remains of the Beach Day


Coming onto the beach a few weeks ago, I noticed that there were always broken chairs and umbrellas sitting by the trash cans. It seemed such a monumental waste.  I wondered if someone (aka my daughter) could turn all this trash into treasure somehow.
 I talked to the guys collecting the refuse and they told me it was a great idea (if only to lighten their load).  They said, “this ain’t nothin’ lady, we come by here twice a day and fill the truck.”


So enter mom last Sunday morning at 6am on the beach with a pair of scissors. I tried to beat the guys with the truck.

My daughter examined my stash, hosed the sand off, tossed it in the washing machine and began creating. It’s just a start, but here are a few examples of what she produced by Sunday afternoon.  It’s one way to reuse, reduce, recycle, rethink and breathe new life into beach debris.
  





No comments:

Post a Comment