Saturday, December 6, 2014

FSH Bucket List of Best Bars, #3 The Industry


If we’re going to do all 50 bars in a year, we better accelerate our pace!

We hit #3 on Friday, December 5th and are going for #4 next Friday.  We have to get our priorities straight and stop letting the holidays, family obligations, and careers get in the way of our mission.  Even Kevin admitted that we may have to start combining trips based on geographic location. 

Anyway, #3 was The Industry in Pennsport.  It was a cool part of town.  We all felt safe and parking was fairly easy to manage.  Easy for me to say when Kevin is at the wheel parallel parking.  My daughter thinks it horrible that we always mooch a ride, but someday we’ll make it up to the Fryars and Sheehans.  We promise.

The bar itself was beautiful.  Great décor.  I love the Edison filament lights. They instantly warm the space as well as my heart.  The Industry is apparently devoted to the restaurant industry itself and gives restaurant workers 20% off the bill when they show a pay stub from any restaurant or bar.  Love the concept to help one’s own.

Ratings: 

Vibe:  Good neighborhood energy. Pretty churches, cool houses. Nice airy open feel. 
Server:  Pleasant, attentive.  Put up with our nonsense.
Drinks:  Great.  Lots of local beer options. We sneaked in just before Happy Hour ended at 7pm. 
Food : B+.  Good, but not OMG amazing.  I do regret not getting the Mac and Cheese croquettes.  What was I thinking?  We were naughty and got the donuts with cream sauce for dessert. Well worth it!
Friendship:  It’s easier to get through a long week when I know these five are awaiting me.  Nothing is better than a bellyache caused by laughing with my best friends.    


47 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment