Monday, June 13, 2011

I Left My Sunglasses (and a little bit of my heart) in Ravello


            When Mamma (the owner of Cumpa Cosimo Ristorante) saw me forking over a heaping serving of my Alfredo alla Bolognese to my husband, she would have none of that.  “He's a still hungry; get him another plate," she ordered our waiter.  She also insisted on giving us lemon cake – the best I ever had – and another liter of wine.

            Mamma is definitely what you call a hands-on owner.  She brought out the lemon cake to a table full of diners celebrating a birthday. She told them stories and posed for many a picture.  That’s when she caught me from the corner of her eye sharing my pasta. 

            So blame it on the wine that I forgot my sunglasses.  I can only hope that mamma was dancing around with my Michael Kors shades entertaining another table.  I don’t think I’ll make it the 7 kilometers up that hill to Ravello to retrieve them, so go ahead Mamma.  Have a little UV protection on me. Ciao, Bella.  

No comments:

Post a Comment