Saturday, June 4, 2011

Aunt Dottie


I wish I could share my Aunt Dottie with the world. She was so full of life and fun and genuinely cared about what you thought. When Aunt Dottie died a few years ago, a strange thing happened.  My son, who was in a high rise at Boston University, called and told me that a huge black bird was outside his window, circling around. He’d never seen a bird like that so high up and it was as though it was trying to communicate. That’s when I told him that Aunt Dottie had just passed away. 

Aunt Dottie always loved my son and she really encouraged everyone to get a good education. I guess it made perfect sense that she’d stop by on her way out.  She told us she was donating her body to a university hospital because she “always wanted to go to medical school.”  She had a beautiful way to look at and appreciate everything about life. In her own words, she had “reverse paranoia,” she thought everybody liked her.  And everybody did.


No comments:

Post a Comment