Monday, May 23, 2011

You're Never Too Old to Rock and Scroll

This past Mother’s Day, my siblings and I put together and got my mom a laptop. We were a little nervous bringing it over because sometimes she just wants to shun technology altogether and read a book or watch her beloved Phillies.

Surprise, surprise – she kind of likes it. She’s getting over her anxiety and can now play a few card games.  I guess her love of gambling overtook her fear of computers.
I snapped this picture to capture my two favorite women – my beautiful 88-year old mom, willing to try something new. And my savvy 14-year old daughter – showing grandma the ropes of a touchpad.



Buckle your seatbelt mom, next week we’re installing Scrabble. Next month, we may get you on email. When you’re 90, you’ll look back on this and laugh.


No comments:

Post a Comment