Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Bucket List of Best Bars in Philly. Starting with #1.


What we won't do in the name of friendship.

When Kevin suggested we check out all 50 best bars in the Philly Mag Foobooz list, what could we say but, “uh, okay.” 

And so the adventure began.  Last Friday.  Rich and I scrambled to be ready for a 5:00pm pick-up.  Our philosophy is to start the weekend early. It seems to last longer (as taught to us by the one and only, Marc P).

Met Lisa, Jeanne, and Todd at the Pub & Kitchen. Officially #1.  Oh, I guess we’re doing this in order?  Of course.  Kevin is ever organized.

Ratings:

Vibe:  Good energy. Friendly, neighborhood pub.
Server:  Hysterically funny. Danced. A lot. Camera shy, however.
Drinks:  Fantastic.  Love to see Lisa after two cocktails.
Food : Overall B.  Burgers great. Steak – meh…
Friendship: Sublime.

Stay tuned.  49 to go. This may take all year.


5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good choice in a Philly bar, Christine. I love a place you can go dancing. Thanks so much for sharing. ~Victoria Marie Lees http://campingwithfivekids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, Victoria! Are you still going to the Writer's Group?

      Delete
  2. Hi i write from Caltanissetta, Sicily, Italy (sorry for my engl please) i' ve found your 2011 post about my city because i was looking for some historical pics of it. I took your pic and translated in italian your dad's memories and posted in a calntanissetta fan page of facebook to see if someone can recognize gino and maria or some relative. I was so moved reading these words what a noble soul was (or still as i hope HE IS) your father. Here the link of fanpage if you want to have a look. My best regards
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Caltanissetta-Story/236439709719999?fref=ts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi David -
      Thank you so much!
      My dad did pass away 3 years ago. He would love this. As a matter of fact, he donated his body to a medical school and we just got his ashes back. I'm on my way to the beach to scatter his remains with my sisters and brother tomorrow!
      I will share your story. It came at a beautiful time.
      I hope you find Geno and Maria. Your lovely town never left my dad.

      Thank you again!! I hope to visit Sicily one day.

      Christine (christineghofmann@gmail.com)

      Delete
    2. Hi! I'm really really sad that he can't read my post :( but what a coincidence that i wrote you just in this days...Anyway i'm sure that from the heaven he's enjoyng the fact that someone from this small town got the message, translated and "spread the word" to everybody :)

      Delete