Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Summer Smiles


Maybe someday I’ll write an Ode to the Outside Shower. Oh, how refreshing you are. So exhilarating, so liberating, so close to nature.  Our friends, Lisa and Mike in Cape Cod, insist that everyone use the OS and I’m now a devout follower of that philosophy. Think of the wear and tear you save on your indoor bathrooms. Not to mention that invigorating dash back to the house.


If nothing else, I had to give these ice cream scoopers points for creativity.  That’s a sure way to get my approval – have a conch shell as a tip jar.



I fell in love with these two gentlemen on their electronic scooters making their way down the boardwalk. I wondered if they were lifelong friends or new buddies. Either way, I warm at the thought of how they are not letting their circumstances stop them from enjoying the hustle and bustle of the boardwalk, with its crazy mix of humanity. Long may you run, guys.

Happy summer.

6 comments:

  1. love it! each paragraph took me right there! Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet and thoughtful...happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat -

      I was thinking of Amanda the whole time I was in Cape Cod! I love it there.
      We have to do a book club road trip!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Sherm! I'm missing summer already! Hope you love your outdoor shower!

      Delete