Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Shower the people you love with love


The other night we threw an “old school” baby shower.  By old school, I mean at home and with lots of people helping.  Ok, we were lucky that the future mom’s sister-in-law is a professional chef who whipped up an amazing meal.  But other than that, we brainstormed some decorating ideas that doubled as gifts for the new baby. Hope you enjoy these ideas, some of which are original and some of which we shamelessly stole from the Internet:

Here’s a watermelon baby carriage. It was surprisingly easy to do!


Who can resist a clothesline of onesies?


I wish I could decorate with baby shoes all the time…


Next time you need to throw a shower, shun the restaurant and kick it old style!

3 comments:

  1. I agree! Glad it went well - hopefully, some folks stuck around to also help with the cleanup! Enjoy the rest of your summer, Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish more in life was "old school"! Loved this! Thanks for the reminder! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a lot of feedback from people saying that they enjoy the old school way so much more. Thanks, Donna and Sue, for your comments and affirmation!

    ReplyDelete